Tuesday, November 17, 2015

26 Years of Us

Blogging hasn't been my top priority lately and for this I tell my children... it will be cheaper when you turn these into memory books. :)

Well, October ended with some fun.

Our anniversary was on the 28th; twenty-six years of loving this man! I went old school and made our first "at home" meal T made prepared for little o' me while we were dating. Let's just say I was so impressed with this meal, let alone his skills in the kitchen, I decided he was a keeper on the spot and still love to make this meal for him years later. Ok, I probably had already decided he was a keeper but this was the icing on the cake. A man who can cook? Now who doesn't want that!  The girls were very kind to eat my specially prepared meal in-spite of the onions. We also had cream of asparagus soup thanks to Campbell's. Their recipe hasn't changed in 26 years. Still delicious and a wonderful beginning to our dinner. We have no clue why T decided to make that of all soups but paring it with Quiche Lorraine actually works well.  I remember sitting at his kitchen table and him serving me my first ever bowl of cream of asparagus soup. He had worked so hard to make this meal special for the two of us. He was brave to serve it and I was brave to try it. I loved it, surprise, surprise! Throw in a little white wine and some candles, Perfect.


We also love, LOVE truffles. But not any truffles, we love Lindor truffles. I almost grabbed a bag for us since that's our anniversary candy but walked past them at least a few times trying to decide. Good thing I did! My man didn't walk past them and brought them home for me with some gorgeous roses. He knows me too well.


Some years we celebrate BIG and other years are just wonderful in the simple ways. I love that about us. We just enjoy each other whether we're in Aruba toasting pool side or in our kitchen with our girls sharing a truffle.

Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments: